Sunday, October 01, 2006

Untitled

The actor, ever so fervently involved in the play, suddenly realizes. He becomes conscious of the fact that he is currently on a stage and in a play. The argument that he was zealously making, the cause for which he was fighting, his wife, his children and all the folds of worry on the forehead suddenly vanish. He gets a jerk, looks at the audience, looks at his colleagues and in a confused gaze, just sits down on the stage, right there, right in the middle of the play.

Gentle and cool breeze touched their bodies as they discussed. It occasionally carried away the words. There was a faint smile on both the faces which indicated that they really had no problems in life and were having this discussion just for its own sake but not yearning any fruit. They were joyous, they were saintly. Often times it happened that their discussions were vague and without any direction. There was really no structure but just ideas.

Actor? Play? Stage? What are you hinting at?

Hmmm…Forget it. Tell me, if thought could speak what would it say?

Well…Can you give me five minutes of silence? I will contemplate and get back to you.

Yes, sure. Take your time. We have all the time in the Universe.

And so five minutes of silence followed. He then spoke…

I am thought. Pervading out of physical, spatial, temporal and chronological barriers, I am thought. Pure thought. I don’t reside in human bodies; I cannot be closed inside heads. My extents are inexplicable, my actions-inimitable. No power can inhibit my presence; I have always been and always will be...

You drench in me and discover. My every miniscule gives you joy. I offered you the universe, I offered you the dimensions. You comprehend when I ingress you. Darkness furrows you in my absence. I am why you live-I am thought-pure thought.

I break the barriers of conservation-I am creativity. I am intelligence. The genesis of your every idea is with me. I play. I trick-you fall. I confuse-you confess. I teach-I make you learn. What you learn are my seeds. I am thought-pure thought.

I am your senses, I am your world. What you know, what you think you know, what you call reality-is me. The blue hues of sapphire, the scarlet tinges of sunset, the fragrance of the feminine, the incense of the divinity, the taste of elixir, the touch of muslin-is me. I am your emotions. The love of your heart, the enmity at the core, your happiness, your remorse, your wrath, your lust-is me. You feel what I make you to. I am thought-pure thought.

What is reality? It is what I trick you to believe. What is reality? ME. I am real and the rest are my manifestations. Your concepts, your ideas, your senses, your emotions, your life, and your universe-all my creation. What is reality? ME. I am the only reality of the universe. I am thought-pure thought.

Well…I enjoyed it thoroughly. Very powerful statements you made.

Thanks. Now tell me what the mind is and how it functions. I’ll give you five minutes too…

And so another five minutes of silence ensued. Then, the other person spoke…

Says the mighty mind…

There is no I. We are there.
We are a gang of disparate yet limitless consciousnesses coexisting in the confines of a limited temporal physical body, constantly and passionately involved in debate.

There are but geniuses - artists of all flavors... writers, fighters and wildlife photographers. Spiritual thinkers and vulpine womanizers. All amongst us, all locked up in the confining space of his body.
And we all crave for that SINGULAR moment when we win.When we own.And then the whole wide world is open. We see through his eyes, we smell through his nose. We hear through his ears, we taste through his tongue. We touch.

We Transcend.


And so you see him see, smell,hear,taste and touch the world around him...but its one of us.

And yet, claims the superconsciousness of the Ego...


THE VICTORY IS WHEN YOU KILL 'EM ALL

That was very thought provoking. Thank you very much.

Do you really feel that our senses give us the right image of the world around us?

Our whole world, us, the people around us, the objects, everything could just be the fake inputs of our senses. The instance of an external intelligence that of another human surrounding us, could still only be a trick of the inputs. It is possible that your execution centre and its funny input sources can be the only reality of the universe. This conversation that I am having with you could just be an input your ears and your eyes are giving you, as if I am sitting in front of you and speaking to you, it could all be false. It could all be a trick…imagine…Now you can claim that you LEARNT many facts today and that you didn’t know them before and hence it could not be a false input and that I do exist. What if?
What if I say that you already knew everything that there is to ever know and you realize that you know everything slowly as the false inputs of a WORLD around you, full of other people and that you have a body yourself and that you are one among them and that you live in this Universe. The death of an external human being only implies the termination of input data from that source or regarding that source. It does not mean your end. You are the only reality of the universe, you are your execution centre… think about it… The learned never teaches…the learned only knows that he knows.

Hmmm… but can you tell me what “time” really means?

For this I won’t require time.

The word “change” owes everything to time. Time is THE only means of accomplishing change in the universe.


Is time like a river that flows? What do we mean by the movement of time?


The whole of realizable Universe can be described successfully by the concept of “events”. Like a series of pictures that stand in a line, we tend to associate an incrementing real number to every frame (event) arbitrarily. And with this notion originates the concept of “before” and “after”. By convention, the “after” event has a higher time value than the “before” event. We have been used to measuring this time with the aid of a singular repeatable event, like say, the tick of a clock. Every time the clock moves, we increment our arbitrary measure of the flow of time by one. It all seems troublesome because we have life, we are alive, intelligent and inside the picture.

So what was it again about the actors and the play?

They looked at each other for some time, laughed out loud, got up and went for tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home