Sunday, September 17, 2006

It was the water and the splashing waves that I looked upto most rather than her. Waves formed, traveled, dashed and roared all at once. The wind blew like I was in a wind tunnel. And then, she came.

With a smile she sat next to me. We sat silently on that raised wooden platform that encroached into the waves' property. We sat on the edge and our legs from knees to heals lay hanging in the air-inviting the waves. Wind blew continuously.

"I have been thinking about you for the past few days".
I wondered how it was the Moon's gravity that actually caused the waves. I reminded myself that I had to learn to surf sometime soon. I also remembered that there was a Surfer's Journal.
And then I realized that there was someone next to me trying to talk. I looked at her and smiled.

"You are very likeable".
I smiled again, this time looking into the sea. I wondered where I could end up if I dived straight down and swam in a straight line till I found land. I figured I could miss the Andamans and end up in Indonesia or some place near that. From my knowledge in geography and cartography i pictured that at one particular angle i could even miss Indonesia and end up in Australia or better still- Antarctica!

"But I don't know if I really love you or not yaar".
I noticed subtle folds on her forehead. They were the symbols of deep thought and worry. Her eyes were deep and a small shade of sadness was evident. But it didn't sound like real worry. My thoughts now focussed on the relationship between thoughts and forehead folds. The mind does silly things. People put their tongues out while pouring water into a glass. People bite nails, people pop knuckles. The mind is really not as efficient as it should have been. Nevertheless, it manages to work. It could seriously consider some improvization now. It was about time. Our computer technologies and cell phone models evolve so fast they should put the mind to shame. They do evolve out of the mind though.

"I think any girl will like you yaar. You are very good. Any girl will fall in love with you also".
I smiled. A huge ship was sailing in the distance. I admired man for having managed to float such a massive object. I admired space for having managed to contain the Earth and everything for so many years now. I tried to picture how far 2 million light years actually was. That was how far Andromeda Galaxy was from us. It was our immediate neighbour. I kind of liked it when i saw its pictures a few times.

"But i don't think she can feel so for long. Anyone who falls in love with you will come out of it soon".
The breeze was carrying away her words but i managed to make out the statement. Sound was really just a longitudinal wave propagating in the air with compressions and rarefactions. It was a pity that it required a medium for travel. It meant that evolution didn't consider man making it to space. Evolution was either conservative or underestimated us.

"I don't know yaar. I just need more time, please".
I heard the word time somewhere. That word always took me deep into thoughts. I thought time was the only means of establishing any sort of change in the Universe. Someone told me that time was the means that carried information continuously. I always questioned the requirement of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger maximus said...

are u comparing the talk with the rest of the conversations in your mind ? or is it just me ?

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home